Saturday, January 31, 2015

'It's Complicated'

In a country where opportunities to find love are limitless, where you can meet and date anybody from any corner of the world, Dubai is Pandora's box of dangerous love affairs.

Last night I had a epiphany of the meaning of two words: 'it's complicated'.
I met a special someone who's first perception seemed to be beyond perfection, but to my surprise those two words change my whole idea about him. I never thought in a 1000 years how complicated a situation could be until he said: I am 30 single ready to mingle, but I am a widower.
A shocking statement to my surprise. Not only I did not know how to behave after that, but everything I said or did made me think it may remind him of his current situation.

Therefore, I caught myself thinking how long are we willing to wait, until love eventually dies and stops knocking on our door? Between life and death, we will look back one day and hopefully we wont regret, the things we didn't say and the actions we didn't take. 
But are we waiting too long until love eventually dies on us?
Someone once wisely said "There are 5 simple rules to happiness: free your heart from hatred. Free your mind from worries. Live simply. Give more and expect less".
Nevertheless, why should we give up on love? when one door closes another one always opens.
So why should we hopelessly shut our doors down and think there is simply nothing good out there? 

We have all been hurt, our hearts have all been broken and we all have something to leave behind and look forward to. So we may act defensibly to avoid getting hurt, but the key lies on your own priorities.
Being in love or infatuated, does not mean one's priorities should go down the hill. You should always be the first, your happiness should be your daily euphoria and whoever is lucky enough to share it with you, should always embrace it and appreciate it.

Therefore, 'If you cannot change the situation, learn to see it differently. If you can't change people, learn to understand them better'.