Saturday, September 26, 2015

'The Cynic Romantics'

I cant help but wonder the irony of one who has been hurt and holds on to his pain reflected in his/her cynical disbelief on love.
Throughout my 6 years in Dubai I have met and seen those who have been hurt, those who enjoy hurting and those who hurt in reciprocation of being hurt.
I have seen those who see the opposite sex as meat and carelessly pretend to taste and digest, as the bitter taste of lust stays in their mouths.
One way or the other I have seen pain, regret and vulnerability that just leads to an endless circle of emptiness; so it makes me wonder when does this endless carrousel of unfulfilled inner-satisfaction gets to an end?

I have seen and learned that being cynical about love does not only hurt one but those around us, one is not only an influence but a transmitter of negativeness; and yes its inevitable but not unchangeable.
If having your heart broken, being cheated on or anything potentially worst, has been your trigger to cynicism; its has been, it has happened, let it be, let it go, let it flow. 
Learning to forgive without regret is the key to a cleansing restart, leaving the past where it belongs. 
Therefore, don't misjudge the potential future opportunities for fear of getting hurt.
Be open to the idea of something better, something unexpected is bow to happen and be surprised that not all men and women are the same we are just sinking in the same societal circle of mistrust. 

Dedicated to all my cynical friends who once gave up on love, who threw the towel and gave their backs to an open door. 
I know you will remember this when love suddenly knocks on your door at a time and place that you least expected.

'La vie est fabuleuse' when you expect without expectations.
xoxo