Thursday, July 25, 2013

"The grass is always greener on a PINK Dubai"

From the tallest building in the world, to the world's first seven star hotel. From sand dunes to snow slopes inside a mall; in Dubai we live a daily amusement of the unusual and unexpected. 
After four years and a half of living my own personal Dubai experience, I cant help but learn on a daily basis more every day about its multicultural environment, and from the perspective of a single 23 year old Guatemalan girl. You can imagine the cultural contrast?!
But no it is not at all as bad as you can imagine. I have never been so proud to put my country's name as my one great differentiation among many others. It is almost as if I carry Guatemala with me on a daily basis, when people ask me oooh Guatemala! where is that? LOL!
It is almost a sense of belonging from a unknown wild forest country, but well can't blame anyone after all I am in the Middle East!
And so in a country where the grass always seems to be greener on the other side, where everything seems to be the land of opportunities, and money leaks from oil pipes.
I always seem to wonder are we really living on a PINK Dubai?
Is this the place where you can truly find happiness?
If so, then how come people are always in constant transition?
As much as I truly love Dubai and my true sense of belonging, I always seem to wonder could this forever? am I here to stay? or am I just one more soon to go away?
Well I truly hope I don't! Cause I sure have lots to achieve ahead of me!
And so with this I lead you on, to experience Dubai and much more, through the words on my blog, with limits, no regrets and no taking back steps.