Sunday, June 4, 2017

'The Non Apologetic Letter'

Dedicated to all the young girls, who feel pressured by the rules and expectations of society; to make it through in the world we live in.

I would like to NOT apologize:
For being in my 20s and enjoy every bittersweet moment in my life, where I have learned to let go and enjoy being no one, but myself.
For learning from every mistake and outgrow to become a better person.

I will not apologize for not living by the standards of society and NOT care about what you or others think about myself. 
I will live for my life and no one else's.

I will not apologize for standing up for my rights, my voice, my career, for stepping up the ladder for no one but myself.

I will not apologize for NOT depending on a man and providing myself my own education, housing, luxury and leisure.

I will not feel ashamed of being single and enjoying my single-hood while society expects me to be married with my first child. 
*I will not apologize for not settling in for the convenient, but rather strive for the beyond compare.

I will not apologize for embracing my sexuality and openly talk about it while braking the sexual taboo.
I will not apologize for my standards of sexuality, relationships and marriage.

I will not apologize for embracing my natural body and not modifying it according to anyone's idea of beauty. I will be no one but myself.

I will not apologize for expressing my opinion and putting my thoughts to paper.
I will not apologize for standing up for myself and others who may not raise their voice, afraid of judgement.

I will not apologize for anything worthy of myself; for building myself up as a woman and EMBRACE every essence of my nature.

I will not be distracted by comparison, but instead be captivated with purpose; LIVE for my calling in life. I will BE who I strive to become.